Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Special moments

As you can imagine Jon and I have been doing our fair share of reminiscing this past week with Maddie starting school and all. We've each, on separate occasions, have taken a turn reading back on our family blog. And I must say, I did get a little choked up reading funny stories and remembering our past. 

I've been fortunate enough to stay home with Maddie and Lyndon their entire lives. They've been my buddies, and each other's buddies for the past 5 years and we've made some pretty sweet memories along the way. We've laughed, we've cried, we've been frustrated we've been comforted and most of all we've loved. I'm happy to say I can't think of one thing I would have changed looking back on our first 5 years of parenthood. Oh sure, I would have changed perhaps a few small things here or there but overall, the big picture is one full of memories that I want to share over and over.

Go ahead, take a look at a few of our special moments...





The concerned looks of their faces is because Maddie thought she saw an ant on the porch. (If you don't live in the South you should know that our ants really are that scary!)





From the time Lyndon was very small he has had a love affair with Cinderella. She's his girl...


Lyndon has always made Maddie crack up...





They love to play together, especially tea party. 







The kids have always loved to play with Jon.



He's looking for Santa.




When Lyndon was little he used to get Maddie's baby dolls and put them in his bed. Notice Cinderella cozied up beside him? :)










I found him up here one day...









This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. He's obviously NOT HAPPY about wearing that jacket!









He was sick this day and looked so content while he slept that I had to get a picture.







trick-or-treating





Playing before bed.



We always do art projects and this picture is exactly how it looks every time.






Lyndon adores Maddie, can you tell?


And there you have it...a tour down memory lane. 

Even though I have moments of pain, hurt, and frustration my life is continually filled with so much joy, peace and excitement.

I'm grateful for the journey.

No comments: