Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's all about the hair




A few months ago I found out that Maddie's friend, Avery, has a serious crush on Scott, an "Imagination Mover". Her mom said she liked the way his hair moved around when he danced.
Well... Come to find out this Scott really has a way with little 3 and 4 year old girls. (In a nice, non-pedophile way:) )
Tonight my Mom and I were watching an episode of Imagination Movers with Maddie, Lyndon and my 4 year old niece, Rylee. I looked at Maddie and said, "Maddie, which mover is your favorite?".
Her reply: ...snicker...giggle...giggle...snicker... "Um, I like SCOTT!" ...bashful...snickering...hiding her eyes...
Me: "Why Scott?"
Maddie: more giggling..."I really like his hair."
So then we turn to Rylee, who was across the room and couldn't hear the conversation I just had with Maddie.
Me: "Rylee, who's your favorite Imagination Mover?"
Rylee promptly runs to the TV and points to, of course, Scott! (and then giggles)
So my Mom asks her, "Why do you like Scott?"
Her hands immediately start stroking her hair and she said, "He has long hair, like me!".
Does Scott have any idea that he's adored by 3 and 4 year old girls? And what is it about his hair that sends these girls into a fit of giggles? It's a mystery, but a cute one at that.
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
Two nights ago
it was time for Maddie to go to bed. Since we've been here at my parents house I've let her fall asleep to a movie. After taking literally 15 minutes sorting through her cousins massive kids DVD collection, she choose "Mary Poppins".
I walked downstairs with her to put in the dvd. As I was holding the dvd on my finger while I was opening the dvd player Maddie says to me:
"What's that movie your holding?"
Me: "Mary Poppins, you just barely picked it out."
Maddie: "Oh, that movie is very boring."
Me: (baffled) "Okay....so does that mean you don't want to watch it?"
Maddie: "Oh no, I just wanted to let you know that this movie is very boring."
Seriously? Where does she come up with these things?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Maddie just makes me smile. I love that you put her comments on here!

Camille said...

Katie -
I don't just think that it is 3 and 4 year old girls! I'm telling you - I don't know what it is about that hair! Every time I watch an episode of Imagination Movers - I can't help but stare at the hair. Now, mine is not the giggling crush kind of thing - but more like a bad car crash. I don't want to keep looking at it, but I just can't help it.
So funny! I've only seen the show about 2 times and both times - it was the hair!
Your so funny - love you!

KatieB said...

i'm glad to know my child is not alone! so funny! my mom bought avery scott's goggles off the website...