Friday, April 16, 2010

LIttle munchkins

I've been organizing my office and I came across a scrap piece of paper that I wrote down something that Maddie said that made me laugh. It was from a while ago and I honestly can't remember if I blogged about it or not so I'll just share it again...

Maddie came up to me and said, "Mommy, I have some bad news... Every time I ask Lyndon to hold my hand he won't. It breaks my heart."

How cute is she?

After dinner we always read a few verses from the Book of Mormon. Maddie is really good about recalling what we read the night before and answers questions about it. Lyndon appears to just suffer through it. That is until last night when I read the line, "If they are naked, ye shall clothe them..." Lyndon immediately sparked to life and yelled, "Naked? You just said Naked!! Naked! Naked! Hahahaha. Mommy just said NAKED!" Glad to know he's gleaning something from the scriptures.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

So cute!!! You never know what they are actually listening too with the scriptures. My kids make horse sounds whenever we read "Nay."

Shelly said...

So cute!!! You never know what they are actually listening too with the scriptures. My kids make horse sounds whenever we read "Nay."

Just wait until your in the bible and have to read the word "Ass." I thought they would put me in time out.

Kellie DeMille said...

Tyson talked about cutting heads off for days after we read about Nephi and Laban. I wish we could have a kid version and an adult version. It sure would make things a little easier to explain. Lyndon is a cutie! Our kids like the naked word too :)