Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jonathon!!

My Jonathon's birthday was on Thursday. It makes me feel young knowing that even though I'm in my 30's, my husband is still in his twenties. :)

I can remember the very first time that I saw Jonathon. We were both missionaries in Houston. Both of us were training a new missionary so we happened to be at the mission office at the same time. I remember looking across the parking lot and seeing an elder wearing black cargo pants (with his shirt and tie) and doing some kind of skateboarding trick. Huh, that's pretty cool, I thought. I had no idea just how cool he really was.

Boy was I lucky to get to find out.

So here are some things that impress and fascinate me about that cargo pant wearing Elder:

-His brain is CHOCK full of facts. He can EASILY answer questions like, What are the names Jesse's twins boys on the show "Full House"? or Who are the original members of the band "No Doubt"? or How many yards penalty is given for a personal foul in football?

-He's extremely polite.

-He is the fastest reader I have EVER known. I'm not kidding. We were watching a show and at the end there was a paragraph to read concerning the future of the main character. I literally JUST finished the first sentence and he was done with the paragraph. I didn't believe him at first so I quizzed him on what he just read and sure enough, he'd read it. amazing. Every time he speed reads through something I'm still a little dumbfounded.

-He has so much care and compassion for the people he loves. (And even those he doesn't.)

-His determination is mind blowing.

-He thrives on people telling him he "can't" do it.

-He remembers every date and detail of our relationship. (Wish I could say the same for me.)

-He can figure out how to master any game out there. Board game, card game, sport, video game...you name it...give him just a couple rounds and then he will have the game or opponent beat. I'm not gonna lie, it's a tad bit annoying but totally awesome when we play on the same team.

-He's right 95% of the time. No, I'm not kidding. This is a little annoying too but I've just come to accept it and thrive on it.

-I'm still in awe over this one...His first and foremost priority is little old me. It's true. It's taken me a while to even believe that it was true but in fact, it is. If Katie ain't happy, Jonny ain't happy. So he literally does everything in his power to make my life amazing. See, I told you I was lucky.

-He is an amazing Dad. He loves Maddie and Lyndon so much. He so sweet to them. He's a good teacher for them. And an incredible example to them. They're blessed to have him for a Dad.


I made him his favorite breakfast... full of non-breakfast foods. Any nothing says "Jonathon" more than a skull or two. Happy to oblige.

Happy Birthday sweetheart. I love you.

1 comment:

Shy said...

Happy late birthday Jonathon! I would agree Katie, you married a good one! Love you guys!