Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's odd...

Jonathon is in full swing with recording this record. Monday he started recording all of the drum parts. His studio is here in the house so that means we need to be as quiet as possible. But only when he is doing the drums because the mics will pick up any other noises throughout the house. When he records the other parts, i.e. bass, guitar, vocals, he plugs right into the DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) so there is never a problem with outside noise leaking in. (Yes, I pretty much know all of the sound engineering lingo and terms. I'm sure it makes me sound extremely cool. :) Please don't be too jealous.) Back to the story at hand...needless to say, the only way to really keep the noise down in the house is just to leave. So we've been hitting all the local parks this week. The kids have been in heaven!! I have loved it too because the weather has cooperated. And not only have I done my regular workout but I've been literally CHASING Lyndon all over the play structures. Up the stairs, down the slide, up the stairs down the slide. I would just let him go by himself except that he insists on playing on the "big kids" playground because it is more to his liking. The little kids playground is not nearly as life threatening.

This morning Jonathon didn't have to record any drums so we took the time to just lay around and relax. It was basically a "Playhouse Disney Marathon" all morning. Please don't judge too harshly. So as I was watching there were two things that caught my attention...First, why do cartoon characters only have 3 fingers and a thumb? Are they not good enough for that 4th finger? Is it too time consuming for the artists to draw one more finger? And second, Why do the Higglytown Hero's arms disappear every time they put their arms at their sides. It's disturbing.

Why do I even bring all this up? It's either post a blog entry or do the laundry. Need I say more?

No comments: