Friday, September 12, 2008

My Retreat


A couple of weeks ago I was having a very less than perfect day. My breaking point came at 1pm. I was trying to put Maddie's pull-up on so she could take a nap. After the 16th time of me pulling it up to her knees and her kicking it back off I'd had it. I pretty much turned into this other form of myself that really doesn't show it's face all that often...Crazy Katie. I took the pull-up threw it across the room and fumed out slamming the door behind me. (Extremely mature, I know.) Well, lucky for me Jonathon works from home so he came out to investigate. After calmly assessing the situation and dealing with everyone so lovingly he decided it was time that I had a small respite. In all honesty I'm not sure if he was scared FOR me of OF me but none the less I earned myself a 3 day get-a-way to a nearby spa. How great is my husband?



So here it is The Barton Creek Resort...beautiful, huh?



This is the view from my room.

I took this picture to show how close I was to the actual spa, just 20 feet away! For 3 days I slept in, worked out, went hiking, read, relaxed in and by the pool, watched chick flicks, had spa treatments, enjoyed the white fluffy robes and slippers and sat in the steam room, whirl pool and sauna! Wow, it was amazing.


It was all so relaxing and wonderful but...


I can't tell you how much I missed my little family. Absence surely made my heart grow fonder. I was really excited to come home and be with the ones I love. The spa was amazing and something I definitely needed but my family (little frustrations and all) are so much amazing.



Last night Maddie sat down on her stool and beckoned Jonathon over to her. She politely asked him to sit down because they really needed to hold hands. How cute is that?! :) Jonathon loved it. So just as I'm giggling over Maddie here come Lyndon zipping around the corner with his new accessory...the purse. It's hard not to love purses when he has an older sister who teaches him everything he knows!

8 comments:

Amy said...

NICE retreat! I've told Jon before that I would love just a night in a hotel room by myself. He thinks that sounds crazy...to be all alone! I would love it! I'm glad you had a good time. Oh, and in your photography blog please tell me they did NOT name that baby "Blueberry".

Katie Evans said...

No they didn't name him blueberry! They never had a name until yesterday so during the pregnancy their 3 year old just decided the baby's name was baby blueberry. He's been know as baby blueberry for so long it's hard for me to think of him as Isaac!

Karen said...

Your retreat looks amazing. How nice is your hubby?! Your kids are supper cute too.

The Jen said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S! Wow that is awesome. Crazy Jen comes out every now and again too, maybe I should turn it up a notch and see if I can get a nice retreat out of it :)Just kidding!

Janene said...

I was wondering how your retreat went! Oh, it sounds HEAVENLY! Probably even better than your fabulous chair. Glad you got the time off and were happy to come back to your family at the end.

Unknown said...

Sweet retreat!!! I have lots of those days too. Jon's a smart guys- he's figured out the key to happiness:
HAPPY(and SANE) MOMMY = HAPPY FAMILY

KatieB said...

i need to work on the delivery of my meltdowns.

Lizzy said...

Doug will be glad to know that some of other friends have those crazy days too. I'll have to tell him to ask Jon how to deal with Crazy Lizzy though! Way to go Jon!

We miss seeing you guys - I know I've said this before, but seriously, we need to have another game night! I'll work on it a-sap.