Tuesday, February 2, 2010

pretty lucky.



It's 12:30 in the morning and I just went to check on Maddie and Lyndon before we went to bed.

I'm over whelmed with love for the two of them. Seriously. It's crazy how they have only been a part of our lives for 4 years and I can't even think about living life without them. They make me so incredibly happy. It's funny how when they go to sleep it's like my mind has been immediately wiped clean of all the crazy frustrating little moments we had throughout the day. i.e. the entire container of wipes strewn about their room, a whole roll of tp unwound in the toilet (yep, Lyndon again.), instant crazy freak-outs when Maddie doesn't get her way, hitting, whining, begging, cinnamon and sugar hands all over the furniture...you get the idea.

But yet when their little eyes close and their little bodies are still all I can remember is their sweet little giggles, their hugs and kisses, pleases and thank yous, their inseparable brotherly/sisterly bond, their tender voices saying, "Mommy, can you hold me?" and their beaming excitement when I walk through the door.

Yep. I'm smitten. I wish every one had a Maddie and Lyndon. Dirty faces and all.

No comments: